A social interview once revealed that many of the interviewed women said they will keep wearing high heels despite the fact that it's painful and uncomfortable for them.
I don't mean to invoke any undue wrath for you high heels supporters, I do wear the pointy stuff that elevate us from the ground, in fact the pics that I got here are some of my own collection XD. But we all also know the health-disadvantage of wearing high heels daily for a long period of time.
I'm not a big fan of high heels to begin with, it took me a long time to be able to balance myself on a pair of high heels (except for stiletto, that's pretty much a lost case).
I do admit that we women need high heels on some important occasion like:
1. To compliment a long party gown (unless you are blessed with long legs and tall body that permits you to wear flats to party, arghh so lucky!)
2. When height is needed. eg. when wearing the maxi dress, because you don't want to literally be head over heels stumbling on your dress
2. Going on an important date on a beautiful restaurant that requires you to dress up, or else you will bring shame to your partner :p
Here's what I usually do when wearing high heels:
1. I try not to wear high heels when walking on the street because the concrete makes it hurts double I'd rather walk bare-feet
2. If I need to wear high heels on the destination, I bring flip flops to wear while walking on the street and then change when I got there
3. Try not to wear high heels the whole day
4. Trying to go for medium heels, platform, and choosing the most comfortable ones (if possible)
The good side of these practices is my high heels tend to last for a very looooonger time (I just broke my 6 years old rotelli high heels).... the bad side is of course I can't but those pretty new release high heels while I still have mine perfectly untouched (or can I??)
What about you?? Do you wear high heels alot? or are you a fan of flats? For my guy readers, do you think high heels compliment the looks or makes someone look sexier?
ANd for you fellow Australians, HAPPY OZ DAY!!! :D